Buy Estonian Passport is a legal covenant between the Estonian citizen and the Estonian state that entails rights and obligations for both parties. An Estonian citizen may not simultaneously hold the citizenship of any other country. A child may hold more than one citizenship if his or her parents have different citizenships. But upon reaching 18 years of age, a child must within three years give up either his or her Estonian citizenship or that of the other country.
- Acquired by birth if at least one parent has Estonian citizenship
- Obtained through naturalization
How to apply Buy Estonian Passport
Estonian citizenship can be applied, if:
- Have a long-term residence permit or the right of permanent residence
- There have lived in Estonia, prior submitting an application, for at least eight years on the ground of a residence permit or by right of residence, of which at least the last five years on a permanent basis
- you have passed the Estonian language proficiency examination .
- you have passed the examination of knowledge of the Constitution of the Republic of Estonia and the Citizenship Act
- Citizen have a permanent legal income
- you are loyal to the Estonian state.
Estonian citizenship for a minor younger than 15 years of age can be applied by:
- parents who have acquired the Estonian citizenship after the birth of the child
- one parent who has acquired the Estonian citizenship. After the birth of the child with the consent of the parent who is not an Estonian citizen (the consent can be provided in the Service Office)
- single parent who has acquired the Estonian citizenship. After the birth of the child and is bringing up the child alone
- the minor’s guardian who is an Estonian citizen
- parents (or one parent with the consent of the other parent. A parent who is bringing up the child alone), if they are applying for the Estonian citizenship simultaneously.
Estonian citizenship can be applied for a person under guardianship by the guardian:
- The person is at least 15 years of age
- who has a long-term residence permit or the right of permanent residence
- who has lived in Estonia, prior submitting an application. For at least eight years on the ground of a residence permit. By right of residence, of which at least the last five years on a permanent basis